Here are some of their responses:
- You are so inspirational, (Nettiemac)! Congratulations!!!
- Wow! Congratulations!!! I would say I’d take you to lunch to celebrate but do you still eat? It sure doesn’t look like it! My papa used to say “Honey, you’re gonna blow away come the next breeze”. Seriously, that’s amazing. Congratulations again! You’re truly inspirational!
- I am SO PROUD of you! You are truly an inspiration for everyone and not just when it comes to weight loss. I am proud of your accomplishments, even though the battle is just beginning. I know you will have the strength and will power to overcome all obstacles and meet all the goals you set for yourself!
- Congratulations you worked hard, you make us other "Libertarians" proud (note: in this case, not the political party but residents of my hometown)
- I am very happy for you. You are an inspiration; you have a Michael Jordan like drive that is very noticeable. You have taken over the game. The game of your health, you are not screaming about the fouls or running from the other team. You are just flat out Balling....lol I really am very happy with you. Good Job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Congratulations!!!! That is awesome news. I’m so proud of you.
- I believe (Nettiemac) to be one of the strongest people anyone here has the pleasure to know. Nettiemac, what you've done is truly inspiring on so many levels. Congratulations on achieving your goal, and I wish you all the best in whatever you may wish to achieve in the future.
- I've only been around a short time, but anyone can appreciate how far you have come. Way to go!!!
- I am so proud of you. Congratulations. Do something special to reward yourself.
- I am so proud of you!!! Congratulations and please know you are such a inspiration!!
- My dear, first let me just say I think you are just such an amazing person no matter what size you were or what size you are. You have such a wonderful outlook on things that really goes along way. Beyond that, I think you have inspired a lot of us to do things, not just lose weight but a number of different goals. (Manager) says lead by example; well, you are the perfect case study of that. Look at how many people in the building have quit smoking, or walk at lunch, or just decided to “get healthy”. It’s amazing! I know you have been kind of that quiet polite challenge for me: Well if she can do this, there is no reason I can’t do the things I want to do. Even better is that you didn’t do this because someone told you to or because you wanted to inspire people, you didn’t rely on someone else’s motivation to dictate your motivation, you did this for the only right reason: because you wanted to do it for you. I can only hope that I can be as strong as you are in my journey to get to where I want to be. It’s not just losing weight, like you said, it’s a way of life. I have many things to overcome in order to start with a “clean slate” in life. But I’ve watched and your will power, lack of fear and your optimism are contagious and have truly spread throughout the building. So I would like to say thank you!
So you know what sit back enjoy your moment, take some credit for the things you’ve done and the things you inspired, because I believe there is nothing that could stop you now! I feel extremely blessed to know you. I hope you have just a phenomenal weekend – and girl go buy yourself a new outfit! You deserve it! I had no idea, I have had the honor of knowing you a short time. What a amazing accomplishment, congratulations to you on you great success. You are an inspiration! Congratulations (Nettiemac)! I am soooo happy for you! That is absolutely amazing, from the bottom of my heart congratulations. (Coworker) truly said it best – my heartfelt congratulations to you! (In response to part of my original note which said: "I am less-than-half of the woman I was on May 11, 2006.") Really you are much much more now. Congratulations.
I wish everyone had that level of support ..... it is sad that so many who are trying to improve their diets and health don't have it. And it's not necessarily that the family members or friends are truly attempting to undermine them ...... just that change is difficult, and not every family member is ready for that kind of change. Whether it's by asking for a different meal because you don't want to eat that "diet crap" or bringing home doughnuts for breakfast to make it easy on feeding the kids. (News flash: the kids don't need the doughnuts anymore than you do, bub.)
If you have someone in your life who's trying to make a change, support them. Don't undermine their efforts or their plans. Love them, and be as open to change as that person is!