Friday, June 19, 2009

Maintenance, Week 2

I am up. Badly. Over 3 pounds, to bring me to almost 5 pounds above goal -- YIKES!!!! So my leader and I have determined that my old points level is probably going to be the one that works best for me. I am not upset because I know that I followed the program, I exercised 5 out of the 7 days, and I'm most likely retaining water -- easily fixed.

But what has me really upset about it is that my body seems to be playing some tricks on me that it hasn't before. As I mentioned in a few posts back (TMI alert), I'm having some issues that are probably hormonal in nature. I am closely monitoring this situation so that I can go back to my doctor and say, "Listen, something is not right, what can we do to fix this?"

I'm 39 ..... old enough that it's a possibility but still too young for the Big M. I really do not want to have to do HRT at all, if I can avoid it. I also don't trust the compounded or bio-identical things because I am not sure how safe they are. Not that I entirely trust the FDA these days, but at least it's something of a safety net.

I'm a little scared, to be honest.

But the weight. It's coming off. I will get through maintenance, on to Lifetime, and keeping this off. I don't ever want to go back to the old me at all.

No comments: