Skip to main content

Could the wheel be turning at last?

I did a courtesy weigh-in tonight -- doesn't count as my monthly weigh-in, just a way to keep me on track. And much to my delight, I'm far closer this time to where I need to be than I was last month at this time, or the month before. This gives me hope that next week, when I weigh in (Friday morning; I'll be at the PostSecret lecture Thursday night at the Peace Center --- WAHOO!) I won't be crossing my fingers and praying and exercising like a dog and getting up early Saturday to weigh in and not having that work either and then waiting until Tuesday night and stopping by ............. ah. I just want a good weigh-in next week. And I'm working hard to ensure that maintenance doesn't seem such a struggle.

In good news, the weather is nice enough to go walking again on my lunch hour or after I get home from work. I just hope the rain that is being predicted for Saturday will hold off long enough for the Race for the Cure to be good!! The temperature is supposed to be pretty good! I just have to remember to pack my knee braces..... oy!!!!

In more good news, I had some labwork done last week, and I got my results back: Everything is in at-least-normal ranges, with a couple bordering on fantastic! :-)
* Cholesterol: 132.
* HDL is 56 (according to the lab results, anything above 59 is a negative risk for CHD.... I was just 3 points away!).
* LDL is 64 ("optimal" is below 100).
* LDL/HDL Ratio: 1.1
* Triglycerides: 58.
* Glucose: 86.

My family doctor said that he knew I'd gone a long way to working on keeping my heart in good shape. I am so glad the numbers bear that out!

And in the last bit of fantastic news: A VERY HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS to my friend Russell, who hit the 75-pounds-gone mark this week. WAHOO!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the risk of sounding like a Spanish soccer announcer,

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! It took 3 years and 3 weeks, but I am finally 44% of the woman I was on May 11, 2006. When I started the journey, this day was not even in sight. All I could honestly think about was how to take those first steps to get through the first day and the first week. I had no idea how I was supposed to do 5 minutes a day of activity, when it took all I could do to put one foot in front of the other. But if nothing else, once I make up my mind to do something.......... Here it is, June 4, 2009. I am 228 pounds lighter and a quadrillion times better. I made it through that first day, that first week just fine. I did the 5 minutes -- okay, really 10 minutes, all huffing and puffing and barely able to walk out two blocks and back. Then 20, then 30, and joined the Y, and ..... got the dog and had to walk him. Then said, "I can do a 5K." And then watched my race time improve each time I tried. In losing 228 pounds, I have gained so much. I wasn't e

Coming Around Again

Okay, accountability time again ....... As a lot of you know, in what feels like a lifetime ago, I lost a whole kindergarten class’s weight and did it fairly quickly (3 years). It was a struggle to maintain but I managed to “only” gain back about 40 of that original 230 I lost. Then foot surgery happened and I was just learning to walk pain-free (forget 5Ks). I put on a few more but still not a lot. When mama died, the bottom dropped out and I’ve been free-falling since. And the Quarantine 14 was part of that too. So it’s past time to get back on track. This time while it’s not just the physical side of things, it’s the mental side of it too. I’ll be honest: my anxiety has gotten worse since Richard died. There have been nights I have been too scared to sleep lying down because my head pipes up, “you know, what if you die lying down?” I’ve been pretty dang determined that if it’s in my power, my daddy will not have to bury both his kids from their own stupidity. So yeah. There ya go. M

Ever have a day that's stacked against you?

What a week. We finally got some much needed rain, but BOY-O-BOY, did it play havoc with my walking. I did some before the rainy season, and did some aerobic videos at home (I'm apparently still at wuss level). Today, I had a business luncheon and a business dinner. I ate healthily, but really wasn't sure about the points. I did the best guesswork possible. And I was going to have to weigh in before my normal time (the earlier of the two afternoon meetings). In the end, it didn't matter............ I lost 1.8 pounds --- total now: 201.2. I am happy. Very very happy! And I am grateful for every bit of support I have gotten from Day 1 to now. If you have read the blog, sent a good thought for me, cheered me on --- THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Now, just about 27 more to go to hit goal before talking surgery (for skin removal). Now's the time for nervous! HA!!!!