Skip to main content

One Very Sweet Word

LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it. I lost 3.2 pounds this week, to not only get back to goal but under it -- WAHOO!!!!!!!!! I worked my butt off on the exercise bike and being extra-vigilant. So that's a total of 229.8 GONE.

I have so many people who have helped me along the way: Debbie & Tisha, my leaders; Gail, Eldora, Bev and all the other receptionists who have been with me along the way; all the many fellow members -- especially those who have been part of the Thursday 7:00 PM meeting. I won't name you all because I'll leave someone out and I don't want to do that!!! I have enjoyed the help of so many people. They have inspired me to be better, stronger, wiser, smarter, and to always persevere. I could never, ever, ever, have made it to this point without them.

Then there are my coworkers, who were just as vigilant with me to keep me going, and keep me on plan. I love you all and thank you!!!

There are all my dear friends across the nation -- WAY too many to name, but I have a special six that I need to especially thank: Russell, Amy, Susan, Mike, Stoney, and Melissa. God bless and love you all. And I cannot forget to thank "My Girls" (you know exactly who you are) -- for loving and supporting me every minute of the day, and not just in the WW stuff.

And above all, my mom, my dad, and my brother: you've seen my worst, and you've seen my best. You've loved me through it, walked this journey with me 24/7, and have always encouraged me. You knew I had it in me to do this .... you threatened at times, cajoled at others, and then finally loved me enough to trust I'd do it someday. And I did. I didn't know my own strength but you did. My heart is grateful. And special thanks to my walking buddy, my boon companion, and my heart's delight: Maddox, the Wonder Dog!

Of course, none of this would have been possible at all without God. When my own strength failed, and even the encouragement of my friends wasn't enough, it was God's gentle reminders that he loved me and would sustain me that picked me up and set me back on track. Many years ago, when I was in the middle of a difficult situation, Jill Connor Browne sent me an encouraging e-mail that I have never forgotten: "The will of God will never lead you where the grace of God cannot sustain you." I lived on those words then to get me through, and I know that it was equally true here. God has led me down this path at this stage of my life for a reason. Now it is up to me to take these lessons, live them, and help others as well. It is not just the weight that I've lost but everything that I've gained that is so precious to me. It took God's will working in ways I did not understand to get me where I am so that I could undertake the journey and really appreciate and savor it.

I'm going to wrap this up because (a) it's late and I'm tired, and (b) I don't want to run the risk of leaving anyone else and (c) I still have points to eat before going to bed! And I'm also not sure I'm making much sense right now. But I'm so excited -- I'm really just beginning the journey of a Lifetime!!!!!

Comments

Talmadge said…
And thank YOU for what you've done for me. I am now 68 pounds lighter all because of what YOU started. I'm sure I've said this before, but while it wasn't a "trumpets blaring" epiphany to kill some bad routines in my life, seeing your results and looking at what you've accomplished slowly and surely caused my own 'cosmic tumblers' (to use a wise person's words) to start making some changes I long rebelled against - much less thought I could achieve.

I'm amazed at how far you've come, Nettie. But hardly surprised.

Love you!
Russell (Talmadge)

Popular posts from this blog

At the risk of sounding like a Spanish soccer announcer,

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! It took 3 years and 3 weeks, but I am finally 44% of the woman I was on May 11, 2006. When I started the journey, this day was not even in sight. All I could honestly think about was how to take those first steps to get through the first day and the first week. I had no idea how I was supposed to do 5 minutes a day of activity, when it took all I could do to put one foot in front of the other. But if nothing else, once I make up my mind to do something.......... Here it is, June 4, 2009. I am 228 pounds lighter and a quadrillion times better. I made it through that first day, that first week just fine. I did the 5 minutes -- okay, really 10 minutes, all huffing and puffing and barely able to walk out two blocks and back. Then 20, then 30, and joined the Y, and ..... got the dog and had to walk him. Then said, "I can do a 5K." And then watched my race time improve each time I tried. In losing 228 pounds, I have gained so much. I wasn't e

Coming Around Again

Okay, accountability time again ....... As a lot of you know, in what feels like a lifetime ago, I lost a whole kindergarten class’s weight and did it fairly quickly (3 years). It was a struggle to maintain but I managed to “only” gain back about 40 of that original 230 I lost. Then foot surgery happened and I was just learning to walk pain-free (forget 5Ks). I put on a few more but still not a lot. When mama died, the bottom dropped out and I’ve been free-falling since. And the Quarantine 14 was part of that too. So it’s past time to get back on track. This time while it’s not just the physical side of things, it’s the mental side of it too. I’ll be honest: my anxiety has gotten worse since Richard died. There have been nights I have been too scared to sleep lying down because my head pipes up, “you know, what if you die lying down?” I’ve been pretty dang determined that if it’s in my power, my daddy will not have to bury both his kids from their own stupidity. So yeah. There ya go. M

Mixing up the Music.

It's definitely time to shake up the workout routine --- I have a feeling I am going to become much better acquainted with Butt-Crack O'Dawn. I especially like BCOD this time of year; in the winter, she becomes a real witch. And it's also time to shake up my workout music. I haven't really done much to the ol' MP3 player in ages. I've added a few new songs here and there, but it's time to go through the songs I have on there and prune out what isn't working, what I'm so tired of that I automatically hit forward, and what is getting me moving these days. So in order by title: (Every Time I Turn Around) Back in Love Again - LTD: Gone . It's been on there forever, and I like the song, but I am beyond tired of it. (Get Up I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine - James Brown: Gone . Ditto. A Man I'll Never Be - Boston: Gone . Love the song, and ever since Brad Delp's untimely death, it's taken on a greater poignancy for me. But workout-friendly