Skip to main content

At the risk of sounding like John Fox....

It is what it is.

Yeah, I'm up. Not quite as much as February (oooh, a whole 6/10ths difference), but it's up. Oh well, weekly weigh-ins, here I come!

So what do I do need to do differently to get this fixed and soon?
  • Set a better schedule. The last couple of weeks have been a lot of curveballs and change-ups to my time frames. So that ends. Not only do I need to map out my day and eating plans to accommodate my new evening meetings, but my exercise as well. I've gotten off a good set schedule, and I need to get back. This will be a little easier once choir practice ends, so hopefully in about 2 weeks, I'll have a really good schedule set.
  • Do more cooking. Another thing I haven't had time for, but really need to work on. I have new recipes to try out, and I can't wait!!!
  • Figure out exactly (calorie-wise) what I should be eating each day -- not just the points, but the calories too. Points are a little different because I can use one point on something that's 40 calories with no fat or fiber, or it could be 90 calories with enough fiber. 50 calories is (for me) about 5 minutes on the elliptical. If I stop five minutes early and I've eaten those calories.... make sense?
  • Talk to my territory manager for more advice. I know she will be caring and offer real help and advice!
I'll keep you posted on how things go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the risk of sounding like a Spanish soccer announcer,

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! It took 3 years and 3 weeks, but I am finally 44% of the woman I was on May 11, 2006. When I started the journey, this day was not even in sight. All I could honestly think about was how to take those first steps to get through the first day and the first week. I had no idea how I was supposed to do 5 minutes a day of activity, when it took all I could do to put one foot in front of the other. But if nothing else, once I make up my mind to do something.......... Here it is, June 4, 2009. I am 228 pounds lighter and a quadrillion times better. I made it through that first day, that first week just fine. I did the 5 minutes -- okay, really 10 minutes, all huffing and puffing and barely able to walk out two blocks and back. Then 20, then 30, and joined the Y, and ..... got the dog and had to walk him. Then said, "I can do a 5K." And then watched my race time improve each time I tried. In losing 228 pounds, I have gained so much. I wasn't e...

Coming Around Again

Okay, accountability time again ....... As a lot of you know, in what feels like a lifetime ago, I lost a whole kindergarten class’s weight and did it fairly quickly (3 years). It was a struggle to maintain but I managed to “only” gain back about 40 of that original 230 I lost. Then foot surgery happened and I was just learning to walk pain-free (forget 5Ks). I put on a few more but still not a lot. When mama died, the bottom dropped out and I’ve been free-falling since. And the Quarantine 14 was part of that too. So it’s past time to get back on track. This time while it’s not just the physical side of things, it’s the mental side of it too. I’ll be honest: my anxiety has gotten worse since Richard died. There have been nights I have been too scared to sleep lying down because my head pipes up, “you know, what if you die lying down?” I’ve been pretty dang determined that if it’s in my power, my daddy will not have to bury both his kids from their own stupidity. So yeah. There ya go. M...

Mixing up the Music.

It's definitely time to shake up the workout routine --- I have a feeling I am going to become much better acquainted with Butt-Crack O'Dawn. I especially like BCOD this time of year; in the winter, she becomes a real witch. And it's also time to shake up my workout music. I haven't really done much to the ol' MP3 player in ages. I've added a few new songs here and there, but it's time to go through the songs I have on there and prune out what isn't working, what I'm so tired of that I automatically hit forward, and what is getting me moving these days. So in order by title: (Every Time I Turn Around) Back in Love Again - LTD: Gone . It's been on there forever, and I like the song, but I am beyond tired of it. (Get Up I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine - James Brown: Gone . Ditto. A Man I'll Never Be - Boston: Gone . Love the song, and ever since Brad Delp's untimely death, it's taken on a greater poignancy for me. But workout-friendly ...