Saturday, July 07, 2007

With thanks to Paul Simon for these lyrics.....

When something goes right, oh it's likely to lose me
Apt to confuse me, because it's such an unusual sight
Oh, I can't, can't get used to something so right
Something so right......


I lost another 2.4 pounds this week, for a total of 116.6 gone!

Something must be going right with walking the dog at the butt-crack of dawn each morning. In the two weeks I've been doing it, I've lost 4.4 pounds. I'm enjoying the morning walks. I still wake up just as groggily as I do any other morning, even the mornings I would go to the Y. I have never been the type to just bounce out of bed, eagerly anticipating the day. I doubt I ever will be. I have to ease into mornings.

Right now, though, I don't have much of an alternative. Evenings are still just too hot at 8:00 to walk the dog. It's still in the 80s at that time. At least at 6:00 AM, it's not much more than about 72 degrees. One morning last week, it was a nice cool 65 -- THAT was lovely!

Come the fall, the schedule may have to be adjusted again. We will see when that time gets closer (say, mid-October).

But so far so good!

No comments: