Skip to main content

Kick It in 2012!

All I am going to say is I am glad 2012 is here. 2011 was not the best year for me, in terms of weight -- some due to issues out of my control, and just as much fully within my control. I am taking control back where I can, leaving to God what I cannot control, and choosing my battles more wisely.

In about 2 weeks, I will begin treatment for the endocrine imbalances, and I cannot wait to see how this will affect my health and my life. I hope that it will put everything back to levels it needs to be for all my systems. I hope that it gets me out of this sleep debt mode that I've been living in for an eternity. I joke that if the Grateful Dead were to rewrite "Truckin'" for me, it would be "Living on sugar, vitamin B, and caffeine....." Not healthy, believe me.

So I'm ready for the changes. What am I going to do to make sure of it?
  1. Get back into cooking. I let it go when I did the play -- not that I regret doing that at all. That was way more fun than anyone should have. But it became an excuse not to do anything at all -- too tired, not enough time, etc. I let it slip as a priority, and in doing so, I slipped to lower on my list.
  2. Make sure I get in my workouts -- lately, I have been doing 4 a week, and so far, it's working. My ideal would be Monday mornings, Tuesday afternoons, then Thursday mornings and Friday afternoons. But we'll find a way to make it work so that I get four a week, no matter how crazy my life gets.
  3. Keep getting my massages. I'd like to set them up on a more consistent basis (every 4 weeks, for example), as I think that would help increase the benefits for me. Oh, if I could afford a weekly one, don't think I wouldn't!
  4. Keep digging into the family medical history. Knowledge is power. You know how much I believe that..... this is especially important!
For 2012, it's time for revolutions, not resolutions ..... the continual changes, reassessment, adjustments, changes, all moving me toward better and better health, a better understanding of where things are and where they can go.

And you can do it too. There is nothing impossible for those who believe. So believe this year. Believe you can do it, believe you are worth it, and believe that you have the power.

Let's say that again: You. Have. The. Power.

Do you believe? Start kickin'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the risk of sounding like a Spanish soccer announcer,

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! It took 3 years and 3 weeks, but I am finally 44% of the woman I was on May 11, 2006. When I started the journey, this day was not even in sight. All I could honestly think about was how to take those first steps to get through the first day and the first week. I had no idea how I was supposed to do 5 minutes a day of activity, when it took all I could do to put one foot in front of the other. But if nothing else, once I make up my mind to do something.......... Here it is, June 4, 2009. I am 228 pounds lighter and a quadrillion times better. I made it through that first day, that first week just fine. I did the 5 minutes -- okay, really 10 minutes, all huffing and puffing and barely able to walk out two blocks and back. Then 20, then 30, and joined the Y, and ..... got the dog and had to walk him. Then said, "I can do a 5K." And then watched my race time improve each time I tried. In losing 228 pounds, I have gained so much. I wasn't e...

Coming Around Again

Okay, accountability time again ....... As a lot of you know, in what feels like a lifetime ago, I lost a whole kindergarten class’s weight and did it fairly quickly (3 years). It was a struggle to maintain but I managed to “only” gain back about 40 of that original 230 I lost. Then foot surgery happened and I was just learning to walk pain-free (forget 5Ks). I put on a few more but still not a lot. When mama died, the bottom dropped out and I’ve been free-falling since. And the Quarantine 14 was part of that too. So it’s past time to get back on track. This time while it’s not just the physical side of things, it’s the mental side of it too. I’ll be honest: my anxiety has gotten worse since Richard died. There have been nights I have been too scared to sleep lying down because my head pipes up, “you know, what if you die lying down?” I’ve been pretty dang determined that if it’s in my power, my daddy will not have to bury both his kids from their own stupidity. So yeah. There ya go. M...

So far, so good....

So here I am, 11 days into January, and feeling a bit better....... Christmas Eve was an eye-opening experience, and so was New Year's Eve. I stepped up on the scale to see the damage from the holidays -- and it was staring back at me in massive boldface, 72-point type, yelling, "NOW. You have to do something NOW." My weight was definitely up, but BOY I didn't think it would be that high..... the highest it had been in almost 3 years, which was right around the same time all my health issues came roaring up. Even though it wasn't an official weigh-in, I looked at where I was on 12/31/13 and where I was on 12/31/14 -- a 25-pound gain. YOWZA. Twenty-five pounds? That was it. I was done. Done, done, done. Tired of feeling tired. Tired of feeling lousy. Tired of feeling sorry for myself for whatever reason. Ready to get moving again in the other direction. Ready to feel like myself again. Sure, I'm going to have to deal with the medical things, but so be it. ...